Saturday 2 February 2013

battery charger

On 27th January 2013, I already bought my equipment at Jalan Pasar which is solar charger and battery.  Like I have been suggested by my advisor, Sir Basri, I bought the solar charger which 1Ampere in current and 12V in voltage. I match it with the 12V/2.6A battery. The technician said it suite as long as the solar charger can have atleast 13V input (it will be proven later after next experiment on battery). 

Figure 1 shown the solar charger is charging and for figure 2 discharge. As shown in Figure , I also have made some experiment to test the solar charger and the battery either it can perform or not. It proven that both of my equipment running well. It can turns on the lamp with 0.12A. 

Now, I have complete the 3rd stage in my experiment. After this, my advisor suggest me to do another experiment on battery. First, to know how much the solar charger needs (input voltage) to charges the battery. Another one is, try to reduce the voltage of the battery from 12V to maybe 11V and observe the capacity of the battery. Either the battery can charge by the solar charger or not.

Eventhough I have face some problem to construct the circuit at first sight, but with the help of my advisor, BMI's technician and friend, I have solve the entire problem. I really hope my project can finish before the dateline. Hope all is well :)


                                                                           figure 1
figure 2

As a conclusion, before I charges the battery, the capacity of the battery is 12.66V (Figure 1). After I discharge by using lamp and motor in Figure 2, the capacity of the battery is decreasing until 12.60V. It shows that the battery will started reduce but only a little bit. After I recharge the battery, within 60 seconds it rises rapidly as much 13.07V. For the first sight, I wondering why the solar charger is keep charging even though the battery is full enough ? But after discussion with my advisor, he explain that our solar charger (SC1201L) using is stop charging at 14.4V and it is stop discharge at 10.4V. That is mean the battery cannot supply the load if the capacity is less than 10.4V. Overall, my project is still on track and hopefully all is well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment