Wednesday 31 October 2012

Introduction




                 The first week of my final year project started on the July 2011. This week was the first in my process to  create a final project in my last year. The main focus of this week was to brainstorm for ideas.As I began  brainstorming, I tried to focus on what type of final output the project would be with e.g. through a film,website, animation etc.In my 3 years with this course so far I found a particular interest in making renewable shock absober .  A regenerative shock absorber is a type of shock absorber that converts parasitic  intermittent linear motion and vibration into useful energy,such  as electricity. Conventional shock absorbers simply dissipate this energy as heat. When used  in  an  electric  vehicle  or   hybrid  electric vehicle  the electricity generated  by the  shock absorber can be diverted  to its  power train  to increase  battery  life.In non-electric vehicles the electricity can be used to power accessories such as airconditioning.Several different  systems have been  developed  recently,  though they are still in stages of development and not installed on production vehicles.The system is controlled by an active mechanical system that optimizes the damping, providing a smoother ride than conventional shocks while generating electricity to recharge the batteries or  operate electrical equipment .I chose this because I am interested in how can the absober can absorb west to convert the electrical for our future user.To make the final project more interesting and technically better, I chose to create an interactive website.




             In week 5, I were assigned supervisors for my projects. My supervisor is sir AHMAD BASRI BIN HJ. ZAINAL and we were then asked to arrange a meeting to discuss our projects and the next steps on the road to developing our ideas. For the meeting I prepared a few topics to bring up to discuss. The topics are as follows:

Research & Resources
Idea & Brainstorming
Design aspects
Development aspects
The next steps I had to take for the project


No comments:

Post a Comment